NEW DELHI: Equity benchmarks Sensex and Nifty logged healthy gains on Friday, a day after suffering massive losses.
The BSE Sensex closed 732 points, or 2.15 per cent, higher at 34,733.58, with 29 stocks in the green and only one – Tata Consultancy Services – in the red.
The NSE Nifty50 jumped 238 points, or 2.32 per cent, settling at 10,472.50, with 46 stocks advancing and four – Tata Consultancy Services, HCL Technologies, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories and Tech Mahindra – declining.
However, some stocks failed to perform even as market remained in positive territory throughout the day.
Let’s take a look at 10 stocks that plunged the most on BSE on Friday:
- Binny Mills plunged 10.27 per cent.
- Acme Resources cracked 10.11 per cent.
- Sungold Media and Entertainment suffered a loss of 9.98 per cent.
- Systematix Corporate declined 9.93 per cent.
- Arihant Foundations tanked 9.83 per cent.
- Shilchar Tech finished with a loss of 9.67 per cent.
- Kaushalya Infra settled 9.60 per cent lower.
- Riddhi Corporate Services declined 9.44 per cent.
- Reliance ETF PSU Bank BeES ended the day with a loss of 8.81 per cent.
- Carnation Industries declined 8.67 per cent.
As many as 191 stocks, including 8K Miles Software Services, AGC Networks, Asian Hotels (East), Ashapura Intimates Fashion and Central Bank of India, hit 52-week lows on BSE.
Maruti, Mahindra & Mahindra, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Coal India, Bajaj Auto and IndusInd Bank emerged as the top gainers in the Sensex index, rising between 4 to 6 per cent.
Source: Economic Times