December 31 is the deadline to link your PAN and Aadhaar card. While you might be busy preparing plans to celebrate the New Year, the Income Tax Department has made it mandatory for you to connect your Permanent Account Number (PAN) with Aadhaar before the end of this year. The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) in September this year extended the deadline for linking Aadhaar card with PAN from September 30 to December 31. People failing to meet the deadline will no longer be able to file their income tax returns and their PAN will become inoperative.
The Income Tax Department through its social media channels earlier this month notified that it is mandatory to link PAN with Aadhaar. “Building a better tomorrow! To reap seamless benefits of income tax services, complete the vital link before 31st December, 2019,” the government body said in a public message.
If you want to check whether your Aadhaar and PAN are already linked, you need to follow the steps provided below.
How to check your PAN-Aadhaar link status
Checking PAN-Aadhaar link status is easy. You need to go to the website of the Income Tax Department before the December 31 deadline. The website will ask you to enter your Aadhaar card number and PAN card details to check the status of the Aadhaar-PAN linking online.
Go to the official website of the Income Tax Department by visiting https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/home from your browser.
Now, click on the Link Aadhaar option provided under the Quick Links section on the left sidebar.
This will take you to the Link Aadhaar page from where you need to click on the Click here link.
You’ll now see a page where you need to enter your PAN and Aadhaar numbers to check the linking status.Jagmeet Singh
Tech journalist by profession, tech explorer by passion. Budding philomath.
Is Betelgeuse, One of the Sky’s Brightest Stars, on the Brink of a Supernova?
Source: NDTV Profit
- Reliance Industries rolls back salary cuts, offers performance bonus: Report – Mint
- Samsung chairman Lee Kun-hee dies at 78, leaves behind a tech giant and mixed legacy – India Today
- Samsung chairman Lee Kun-hee, head of South Korea’s biggest conglomerate, dies at 78 – BusinessLine
- SMS, digital certificate, schools as booths in blueprint for Covid vaccine drive next year – The Indian ExpressSMS, digital certificate, schools as booths in blueprint for Covid vaccine drive next year – The Indian Express
- Lee Kun-Hee, force behind Samsung’s rise, dies at 78 – Times of India