NEW DELHI: Ahead of the Supreme Court verdict in the decades old Ayodhya land dispute case, security forces have beefed up security as the home ministry continues to monitor the situation. The ruling will come at 10:30 AM by a bench headed by the outgoing Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi.
Meanwhile, the situation at ground zero in Ayodhya, remains poised as security has been beefed up, “victory celebrations” and “mourning processions” have been banned.
A Constitution bench of 5 judge bench comprising of Chief Justice Ranjan Gogoi & Justices S.A.Bobde, D Y Chandrachud, Ashok Bhushan and S Abdul Nazeer will pronounce the much anticipated verdict after a marathon hearing on day to day basis for 40 days.
The judgement was reserved on October 16. UP Chief Secretary and Director General, Police were called by the Chief Justice in New Delhi on Friday to discuss over all law and order situation in the State
Here’s all that is happening as India’s awaits the historic judgement:
* RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to address the media at 1 pm today, following Supreme Court judgment in Ayodhya land case.
* Mahant Satyendra Das, Chief Priest of the makeshift Ram temple in Ayodhya: I appeal to all to respect the Supreme Court verdict and maintain peace. Prime Minister has rightly said that the Ayodhya verdict will not be anyone’s loss or victory.
*Security heightened in Ayodhya ahead of the verdict in Ayodhya land dispute case today; Section 144 (prohibits assembly of more than 4 people in an area) has been imposed in the state of Uttar Pradesh. (
Ashutosh Pandey, ADG UP Police and special incharge of Ayodhya security ,spoke to AIR about the level of preparedness.
He said, different tiers of security zone has been set up, each visitor is being scanned. Devotees are coming and having darshan and there is no panic situation in Ayodhya.
*DGP UP, OPSingh said:
- 40 companies of security forces have been provided by the centre
- Special vigil is being maintat on more than 670 persons on social media
- If need arises internet can be stopped
- Temporary prisons created in every district of state
- Special focus on 31 sensitive districts
- Section 144 already imposed in every district of state.
*60 companies of security personals including PAC, CRPF and RAF jawans have been mobilised for Ayodhya.25 companies were already deployed in Ayodhya. Apart from this around 1200 constables, 250 Sub inspectors , 11 Additional SP, 20 Dy SP and 2 SP level officials are already deployed in security.
Source: Economic Times