Government has announced a cut in interest rates of small savings schemes. As per a finance ministry circular, dated March 31, 2021, interest rates on small savings schemes have been cut by massively between 40 -110 basis points (100 basis points/bps = 1%) for the first quarter of the financial year 2021-22. The PPF interest rate below 7% would be the first time since 1974, a 46 year low.
Govt cuts interest rates on small savings schemes effective from April 01, PPF hits 46 year low of 6.4% – Economic Times
More from NewsMore posts in News »
- Citigroup to sell off consumer business in India – The Indian Express
- India to process Covid vaccine import license in 3 working days post approval – Hindustan Times
- India to Receive Sputnik V Vaccine Doses This Month – Russian Media – News18
- Amazon’s Future CEO Andy Jassy Doubles Down On India Despite Challenges – NDTV
- Citibank Exit: Looking for Buyers for Business in India, No Impact on Existing Customers, Says Official – news18.comCitibank Exit: Looking for Buyers for Business in India, No Impact on Existing Customers, Says Official – news18.com