New Delhi: India’s first self-use Rapid Antigen Test kit named ‘CoviSelf’ will be available for sale within the next 2-3 days, Pune-based diagnostics firm Mylab Discovery Solutions announced on Thursday.
“It takes 2 minutes to conduct the test and 15 minutes to get the result,” Director Sujeet Jain had informed earlier.
ALSO READ | Maharashtra Announces 5-Level Unlock Plan; Relaxations In Districts With Positivity Rate Below 5%
Mylab Discovery Solutions has begun the shipping of its Covid-19 self-test kits ‘CoviSelf’. The kits will be sold at pharmacies and online via Flipkart.
In May, the Pune-based firm received ICMR’s approval for its new self-use rapid home-test kit for Covid-19 which as per its claims, will give a person’s Covid test results available in just 15 minutes.
“This test is for self-use. If you test positive via this there’s no need for an RT-PCR test as per ICMR. Any adult can use this kit by reading our manual,” Director Sujeet Jain told ANI after the ICMR nod.
“It takes 2 minutes to conduct a test and 15 minutes to get a result. It will be available by end of next week in more than 7 lakh pharmacies and our online pharmacy partners across India. Our target is to reach 90% pin code in India,” he added.
Important Points To Know About CoviSelf:
- The self-use test can be used by symptomatic individuals and immediate contacts of confirmed cases as per ICMR guidelines. Users of this test will not need sample collection by a healthcare professional.
- Each kit will be provided with all testing materials, instructions to use (IFU) leaflet, and a biohazard bag to safely dispose the kit after testing.
- The test is designed to be done using a nasal swab (not the deep nasopharyngeal swab) to reduce the discomfort.
- The test combines with Mylab’s mobile app where users can scan the QR code given on the kit and feed the test result along with it to receive their test report.
- The test results can be submitted to ICMR directly through the app for traceability.
- People who test positive need to immediately isolate themselves so that they do not infect others. Those who test negative and continue to experience Covid-like symptoms have been advised to seek follow-up care from their healthcare provider.
- CoviSelf has been priced at Rs 250 and will be available in a pack of one, Mylab informed in a statement earlier.
The rapid self-testing will ease pressure on already overburdened testing labs and reduce delays in receiving results. The production capacity is stated to be 70 lakh test kits per week which will be increased to 1 crore test kits in the near future, the firm stated.
Check out below Health Tools-
Calculate Your Body Mass Index ( BMI )
Calculate The Age Through Age Calculator