Startups in India have cut thousands of jobs in the past few months. The worst hit are the edtech companies like Byjus, Unacademy, Whitehat Jr and Vedantu. All three have together laid off almost 5,000 employees. Other big tech companies that have cut jobs are Meesho, Ola, Cars24, Mfine, Bytedance, Swiggy, Makemytrip, PaisaBazaar, LendingKart, Zomato and Paytm. Nearly 16,000 employees across startups in India have been asked to go as funding dries up.
Job cuts at 800-plus technology companies: Biggest names, cities and other details – Gadgets Now
More from NewsMore posts in News »
- What to know about Gautam Adani and stock rout after Hindenberg report – The Washington Post
- Answer on LIC, SBI’s exposure to Adani stocks: BRS leaders to Modi govt – Hindustan Times
- No change in FPO price, schedule: Adani Group – Indiatimes.com
- Adani Group to release detailed reply on Hindenburg report post-FPO: Report – Moneycontrol
- Exclusive: India’s Adani says $2.5 billion share sale on track even as bankers mull changes – Reuters IndiaExclusive: India’s Adani says $2.5 billion share sale on track even as bankers mull changes – Reuters India