It said that Google was entering into forced agreements with players in the space to ensure that its bouquet of apps – such as Google Chrome, YouTube, Google Maps and others – were used. This, the CCI said, was stifling competition and gave Google continuous access to consumer data and lucrative advertising opportunities.
Google alleges Competition Commission of India ‘copied’ EU order: report – BBC
More from NewsMore posts in News »
- RBI asks banks to share information on exposure to Adani Group companies – Business Standard
- NSE puts some Adani firms under watch: What is additional surveillance mechanism (ASM)? – The Indian ExpressNSE puts some Adani firms under watch: What is additional surveillance mechanism (ASM)? – The Indian Express
- Hindenburg bet against India’s Adani puzzles rival U.S. short sellers – Reuters India
- Gautam Adani fails to calm investors as market wipeout hits $100 billion – CNN
- Closing Bell: Nifty ends flat, Sensex rises 224 pts; FMCG gains, power stocks drag – Moneycontrol