The live blog session has concluded. For more news, views and updates, stay tuned with Moneycontrol.com.
RIL Q1 Results Highlights
Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) continued to report bigger profit and revenue numbers for another quarter, led by stellar performances in the oil-to-chemical and retail businesses.
While its oil business grew, thanks to higher international prices and ramp- up in exports, its retail business topped the pre-covid footfall numbers, helped by expanding network of stores.
RIL reported a 54.5 percent year-on-year (YoY) growth in consolidated revenue from operations to Rs 2.23 lakh crore. Operating profits rose 45.8 percent YoY to a record high of Rs 40,179 crore. Profits climbed 46.3 percent YoY to Rs 17,955 crore.
Here are the 10 key takeaways from RIL Q1 numbers
RIL Q1 Results LIVE | “Consumer sentiments remain positive, though a bit cautious on the discretionary spend due to the inflation concerns,” said Gaurav Jain, head (strategy and business development) at Reliance Retail.
Reliance Jio Infocomm, a subsidiary of Jio Platforms, reported a year-on-year growth of 23.8 percent in its standalone net profit of Rs 4,335 crore for the quarter ended June 2022 (Q1FY23) compared to Rs 3,501 crore achieved a year ago. On a sequential basis, the profit has grown 3.9 percent from Rs 4,173 crore recorded in the January–March quarter. Read full report
RIL Q1 Results LIVE | Jio Platforms performance highlights
• Jio Platforms’ EBITDA for the quarter was Rs 11,424 crore ($1.4 billion), increase of 28.5%
• Jio Platforms’ Net Profit for the quarter was Rs 4,530 crore ($574 million), growth of 24.1%
• Reliance Jio ARPU during the quarter of Rs 175.7 per month saw a healthy 26.9% growth on YoY basis and 4.8% growth on QoQ basis driven by residual impact of tariff hike and contribution from FTTH.
• Reliance Jio Net subscriber addition witnessed a strong rebound to 9.7 million driven by continued strength in gross adds at 35.2 million; Total customer base as on 30th June 2022 of 419.9 million
• Reliance Jio average data and voice consumption per user per month increased to 20.8 GB and 1,001 minutes, respectively. Total data traffic at 25.9 bn GB was 27.2% up; Total voice traffic at 1.25 trillion mins was 17.2% up
• Jio continued to extend its leadership position in FTTH services with further acceleration in homes connected. Jio now has 7.0 million connected premises.
RIL Q1 results | Consolidated PAT rises 46.3% YoY to Rs 17,955 crore
The oil-to-telecom giant reported a 54.5 percent on-year growth in consolidated revenue from operations to Rs 2.23 lakh crore
RIL Q1 Results LIVE | Reliance O2C and Oil & Gas business results highlights
• Reliance O2C had its best-ever quarterly performance with all-time-high revenue and EBITDA. Segment Revenues increased by 56.7% Y-o-Y to Rs 161,715 crore primarily on account of higher crude oil and product prices.
• Reliance O2C EBITDA improved by 62.6% Y-o-Y to Rs 19,888 crore on account of sharp rise in transportation fuel cracks and better volumes.
• Reliance Oil & Gas segment revenues increased by 183.0% Y-o-Y to Rs 3,625 crore; segment EBITDA jumped to Rs 2,737 crore, due to improved realizations, and higher volumes.
Reliance Retail clocks 52% YoY growth in Q1 revenue at Rs 58,569 crore
Reliance Retail Q1 | Revenue in Q1FY22 was at Rs 38,563 crore. The sequential growth in Retail topline was nearly 1 percent.
RIL Q1 Results LIVE | Reliance Retail performance highlights:
• Reliance Retail crossed a milestone of 200 million registered customers. The registered customer base stood at 208 million at the end of the quarter, up 29% YoY
• Reliance Retail opened 720 stores in the quarter, taking the total count to 15,916 stores with an area of 43.2 million sq ft covering all corners of the country
• Reliance Retail bolstered its supply chain capabilities with addition of 79 warehousing and fulfillment locations measuring 3.3 million sq ft of space during the quarter
• Reliance Retail Digital Commerce daily orders stood 66% up YoY. ‘New Commerce’ merchant base stood 3x over last year
• Reliance Retail added over 17,000 jobs during the quarter; The total employee count stands at approximately 3,79,000.
RIL Q1 Results LIVE | Reliance Retail, the retail subsidiary of RIL, reported a gross revenue of Rs 58,554 crore, higher by 51.9 percent year-on-year.
• Reliance Retail EBITDA for the quarter was ₹3,837 crore ($486 million), higher by 97.7%
• Reliance Retail net profit for the quarter was ₹2,061 crore ($261 million), higher by 114.2%
“Reliance Retail witnessed its first quarter without any operating disruptions since the onset of Covid. Footfalls surpassed pre-COVID levels as consumers returned to stores,” the company said.
RIL Q1 Results LIVE | Reliance’s exports for the quarter was Rs 96,212 crore ($12.2 billion), higher by 71.3 percent. RIL’s capital expenditure (including exchange rate difference) for the quarter ended 30th June, 2022 was Rs 31,434 crore ($4.0 billion).
RIL Q1 Results LIVE | Highest-ever quarterly consolidated profit before tax at Rs 27,236 crore, up 57.7% YoY
• Highest ever quarterly consolidated Profit Before Tax (PBT) at Rs 27,236 crore ($3.4 billion), up 57.7% YoY
• Consolidated Net Profit for the quarter was Rs 19,443 crore ($2.5 billion), higher by 40.8%
• EPS for the quarter was Rs 26.6 per share, increased by 42.7%.